Honest Kitchen’s Bone Broth Treat with turmeric is sodium-free with nothing but goodness:
- Dehydrated beef broth, beef, pumpkin and parsley
- Contains chondroitin sulfate and the power of Turmeric!
- 95% curcuminoids, the active compound in turmeric that’s been studied for its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory properties.
- Just 59 power-packed calories per serving in one cup of broth!
The Power of Turmeric in a Broth!
Honest Kitchen made this treat with Turmeric because this warm spice contains Curcuminoids, a powerful ally in boosting immune systems. As we discussed in this previous Tripawds Nutrition Blog Post, researchers at institutions like Ohio State University have discovered that curcumin:
- causes cell-death (apoptosis) in several human cancer lines
- slows angiogenesis (the growth of blood vessels which supply food to cancer tumors)
- decreases the COX-2 enzyme, which is associated with inflammation (which is linked to cancer)
- enhances the cytoxicity of chemotherapy drugs such as cisplatin, gemcitabine and capecitabine)
All prices subject to change.
Please consult your veterinarian or veterinary oncologist when making any changes to your pet’s nutrition plan.