In case you missed it, we recently hosted an informative interview with DogFoodAdvisor.com founder Mike Sagman. You will find a podcast of the show at the end of this post for your listening enjoyment. Join the forum discussion about this program, or tune in for future Tripawd Talk Radio shows on Blog Talk Radio.
Below are some highlights from the show, and an audio archive so you can listen to the whole 30 minute episode for complete details.
The top three questions/concerns about your dog food:
- Do you want to feed wet, dry or raw?
- Question content! Find out more at dogfoodadvisor.com
- Favor meat, more importantly disfavor carbohydrates!
Hot Topic: Are dogs omnivore or carnivore?
- Omnivores with strong carnivore bias
- They are scavengers, without grinding molars
The closer to our natural diet our dogs eat, the better.
- Favor more natural diet.
- Kibble is the furthest thing from a dog’s natural diet.
- Raw fresh food is best.
About dehydrated fresh/raw dog foods:
- Processed fresh/raw food is better than any kibble!
- Freeze dried better and safer than heat dried
Recommended Feeding Methods:
- “Topping” – add premium canned, raw or table scraps to good kibble.
- “Rotation feeding” – Changing a dog’s diet is OK!
Program Audio Archive
Listen to this Dog Food Advisor interview using the widget below or download the podcast from Tripawd Talk Radio.